Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
April 11, 2018
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Jim Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:33 p.m.
Approval of March 2018 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer’s Report: March 2018 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $14,473.67; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,367.72 and $5,351.68; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,165.39; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,413.99 (Accounts Receivable - $6,178.41; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $49,772.45.
- Board will reimburse Ms. Grant for paying to renew the US Post Office box.
- Board will request bank transfer of $2800 from Reserve Study CD to CAB Operating Account to pay for the maintenance and refurbishment of the brick walls at both ends of Commonwealth Blvd.
- Annual Assessments – Ten properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Tree Removal – JL Tree Service has been asked to remove two trees on HOA property on Commonwealth Blvd and estimates on several trees marked on Bessmer Ln that are pending removal. Board will ask for estimates for removing tree on Commonwealth.
- Rabbit Branch – The Board will provide HOA attorney and management company copies of correspondence related to erosion issue along Tapestry Drive.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the area northeast of Braddock and Roberts Roads. HOA members are encouraged to attend the next taskforce meeting scheduled for April 23, 2018.
- Prepare for Annual Meeting – Scheduled for May 23, 2018. Two Board positions are up for election. Board will send out notification letters to HOA members. Board discussed possibility of increasing annual assessment to $45.00. Board decided to not raise the assessment for 2019.
- Correspondence – None.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:35 p.m.