Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
September 13, 2017
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Carolyn LaRosa, and Jim Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:30 p.m.
Approval of August 2017 Meeting Minutes: Approved 5-0.
Treasurer's Report: August 2017 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $8,749.53; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,362.36 and $5,345.89; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,121.27; Other Current Assets with balances of $1,951.45 (Accounts Receivable - $21,856.81; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $59,671.44.
- Annual Assessments: Eighteen liens filed on 14 August on properties with unpaid assessments. Five properties subsequently paid the amounts due and their liens were released, while thirteen properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Streambed Erosion: The Board is seeking Fairfax County assistance to correct the erosion.Â The Board plans to have a meeting with Braddock District Supervisor John Cook to discuss a solution.Â The Board will contact with lowest cost surveyor to determine boundaries of property affected by erosion.Â
- Hazardous Trees: All previously pending tree work has been completed.
- Encroachment on Tapestry Court:Â Board sent a letter to homeowner letter with instructions that he replant trees and not mow the grass on the common property.
- Website Development: Board continues making improvements/updates to the KPWCA website domain.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.