Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
August 9, 2017
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Carolyn LaRosa, Jillian Mueller, and Jim Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:32 p.m.
Approval of July 2017 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer's Report: July 2017 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $8,338.33; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,362.36 and $5,345.89; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,121.27; Other Current Assets with balances of $1,951.45 (Accounts Receivable - $2,715.87; Allowance for Bad Debts - $1,066.88; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing total assets to $40,119.30.
- Annual Assessments -- Thirteen properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments due to KPWCA. Board needs to send letters to 23 homeowners who are past due (including the thirteen already with liens). Board will take notarized lien documents to Courthouse.
- Streambed Erosion -- The Board is seeking Fairfax County assistance to correct erosion. The Board plans to have a meeting with Braddock District Supervisor John Cook to discuss a solution. The Board solicited and received three quotes from surveyors to determine property boundaries. Board will continue discussing next steps.
- Commonwealth/Sideburn Wall Maintenance -- Vendor has completed the beautification of the brick wall at southeast corner of Commonwealth and Sideburn and the brick walls at the intersection of Commonwealth and Guinea. Board will send payment to vendor.
- Encroachment on street number Tapestry Court -- Board will respond to homeowner's letter with instructions that he replant trees and not mow the grass on the common property.
- Website Development -- Board has contracted with a new vendor to host the KPWCA website domain; former provider was making unapproved changes.
New Business: None.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:30 p.m.