Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 8, 2022
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:33 pm.
Approval of May 2022 Meeting Minutes: Approved as amended.
Treasurer’s Report: May 2022 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $14,400.12; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.43 and $5,505.47; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $21,894.22; [Accounts Receivable - $6,024.63; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,421.68; bringing the total assets to a balance of $49,743.92.
Board is requesting Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) provide update on unpaid assessments and liens.
- 2020-2021 Assessments/Liens: Ten homeowners have liens for unpaid assessments in prior years. Four homeowners owe $120 for unpaid 2020-2021 assessments.
- 2021-2022 Assessments: Four homeowners owe $80 for assessments, 31 homeowners owe $40 for assessments. Assessments were due by October 1, 2021.
- Expired Check: Board still waiting for BCMG to place a stop payment on a $150 check written February 25, 2020, to the US Post Office and never canceled.
- Virginia SCC: Board updated list of directors to the Virginia State Corporation Commission for the annual report.
- Tree Work: Board approved vendor’s bid to cut down dead tree at 10325 Commonwealth Blvd.
- 2022 Annual Meeting: Board is preparing for the annual meeting scheduled for July 20, 2022. BCMG will mail notification letters, proxies, and proposed 2022-2023 budget to homeowners by June 15. Diane Jeffers will serve as nominating committee for board of director elections.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting is scheduled for July 13, 2022.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:05 pm.