Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
May 18, 2022
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:35 pm.
Approval of April 2022 Meeting Minutes: Approved as amended.
Treasurer’s Report: April 2022 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $15,231.41; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.43 and $5,505.47; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $21,894.22; [Accounts Receivable - $6,304.63; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $2,701.68; bringing the total assets to a balance of $50,855.21.
- 2020-2021 Assessments/Liens: Ten homeowners have liens for unpaid assessments in prior years. Four homeowners owe $120 for unpaid 2020-2021 assessments.
- 2021-2022 Assessments: Four homeowners owe $80 for assessments, 31 homeowners owe $40 for assessments. Assessments were due by October 1, 2021.
- Expired Check: Board still waiting for Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) to place a stop payment on a $150 check written February 25, 2020, to the US Post Office and has never been canceled.
- Shanes Creek Stream Restoration: Fairfax County has begun restoration of Rabbit Branch Tributary at Collingham Drive; construction to be substantially completed in early winter 2023.
- Tree Work: Board received bid to cut down three trees on common land near Tapestry Drive. Board approved motion to postpone acceptance of bid pending further activity.
- 2022 Annual Meeting: Board is preparing for the annual meeting scheduled for July 20, 2022. Board will ask BCMG to mail notification letters, proxies, and proposed 2022-2023 budget. Diane Jeffers will serve as nominating committee chair for the election of board members.
- Virginia SCC: Board will provide updated list of directors to the Virginia State Corporation Commission for the annual report.
- Correspondence from members: (1) Member has questions about construction behind his home. Board will contact member. (2) Member has questions about building birdhouses on common land. The Board will consider any appropriate requests.
- Board Meeting Schedule: Next meeting is scheduled for June 8, 2022.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:40 pm.