Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
March 9, 2022
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Diane Jeffers.
Homeowners in Attendance: Michael Berman, Marian Dawoud, Ihab Habasdy, Brian Lee, Tu Nguyen, Huan Truong, and Anthony Ko.
Meeting called to order: 7:30 pm.
Approval of February 2022 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: February 2022 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $16,114.26; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.15 and $5,505.19; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $21,893.13; [Accounts Receivable - $7,065.03; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $3,462.08; bringing the total assets to a balance of $52,496.81.
- 2020-2021 Assessments/Liens: Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) needs to provide update to status of liens filed in December 2021.
- 2021-2022 Assessments: BCMG needs to provide update to status of unpaid accounts; assessments were due by October 1, 2021.
- Tree Work: Board waiting for vendor to cut down a dead tree that was a hazard or danger to property at 10324 Collingham.
- Expired Check: Board waiting for BCMG to place a stop payment on a $150 check written to the US Post Office in 2020 and that has never been canceled.
- 2021-2022 Audit: Board paid vendor for biennial audit/tax preparation underway.
- Shane’s Creek Stream Restoration: Fairfax County will host a virtual meeting on March 28 at 6:30 pm to discuss the proposed project located between Roberts Road and Royal Lake.
- Bethany House: A recently deceased homeowner bequeathed her home to Bethany House, a 501(c)3 non-profit, faith-based organization. Bethany House plans to use the home as a safehouse for women who have suffered from domestic violence. Ten homeowners and family members living near the property attended the monthly meeting to voice their concerns about the impact of the proposal. Board will consult with Association’s attorney for legal advice and with Bethany House representatives to gather more information about their plans for the residence.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:43 pm.