Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
February 9, 2022
Board Members in Attendance: Larry Velte, Carolyn LaRosa, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Diane Jeffers.
Meeting called to order: 7:32 pm.
Approval of January 2022 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: January 2022 financials reflected the following: one CIT Operating Account with a balance of $17,851.61; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,522.15 and $5,505.19; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $21,893.13; [Accounts Receivable - $8,664.63; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $5,061.68; bringing the total assets to a balance of $55,833.76.
- 2020-2021 Assessments/Liens: Larry and Maureen will contact Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) and request updates to status of liens filed in December 2021. Homeowners who did not pay the fiscal year 2020-2021 assessments by November 15, 2021, were to have liens placed on those properties in December 2021. Board will consult with the Association’s lawyer about pursuing nonjudicial foreclosure on properties whose homeowners are delinquent on assessments prior to fiscal year 2020-2021.
- 2021-2022 Assessments: BCMG mailed out past due notices in December 2021 to the homeowners who have not paid the 2021-2022 assessment which was due by October 1, 2021.
- KPW Herald: Board will submit another article to the Herald; article will focus on disclosure packets and homeowner responsibilities.
- Tree Work: Board approved motion to accept proposal from vendor to cut down a dead tree that was a hazard or danger to property at 10324 Collingham.
- Expired Check: Board will ask BCMG to place a stop payment on a check written to the US Post Office in 2020 and has never been canceled.
- 2021-2022 Audit: Board provided oversight information to auditor in response to routine questions concerning potential areas of risk for fraud.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:08 pm.