Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 10, 2020
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Mark Heppner, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, James Bovino, Carolyn LaRosa
Meeting called to order: 7:34 p.m. Meeting held virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
Approval of May 2020 Meeting Minutes: Approved.
Treasurer’s Report: May 2020 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $14,497.26; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,520.22 and $5,503.27; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $19,886.06; [Accounts Receivable - $4,493.13; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($3,905.41); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - ($258.63); Prepaid Expenses - $301.19]; total other current assets with balances of $930.18; bringing the total assets to a balance of $46,296.99.
Treasure to research online banking accounts which may offer higher interest rates and yields.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Eleven properties currently have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. The Burke Community Management Company is in the process of filing and releasing liens as necessary. Assessments for fiscal year 2020-2021 will be mailed out.
- Annual Meeting – Due to Coronavirus disease of 2019, annual membership meeting is postponed to a later date to be determined. Election of board members is delayed. HOA members will be notified by letter.
- 2020 Reserve Study – Board received two proposals and will review. Board will make decision at future monthly meeting to be determined.
- Trees – Work behind 4914 Heversham Court is complete. Awaiting invoice to make payment. Board will investigate claim of hazardous tree at 4780 Catterick Court.
- Fence – Architectural review committee to review request from homeowner to erect a fence at 10113 Dundalk St.
- Mailbox – Board to investigate and confirm status of KPWCA mailbox.
- July monthly meeting – July 8, 2020 meeting will be held at home of Larry Velte.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.