Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 12, 2019
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Carolyn LaRosa, and Jim Bovino.
Meeting called to order: 7:30 p.m.
Approval of May 2019 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Approval of the 2019 Annual Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer’s Report: May 2019 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $12,411.35; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,417.81 and $5,401.18; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,537.15; Other Current Assets with balances of $3,562.41 (Accounts Receivable - $5,282.73; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $44,329.90. Treasurer will move $1000.00 from CAB Operating Account to the Reserve Study CD.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fourteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board will request information from Burke Community Management Group (BCMG) about it's fees for the administration and processing of unpaid assessments and liens.
- NVTC – KPWCA will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road.
- Tree Removal – Board approved motion 5-0 to request JL Tree Service to take down hazardous trees on 10305 Nantucket Court.
- 10332 Commonwealth Blvd – The homeowner at 10332 Commonwealth Blvd advised the board that, per instructions from the Board, he demolished a unauthorized large shed that was being built on that property.
- Board Member – Board voted 5-0 to select Mr. Anthony Consumano as board member to fill remainder of Jillian Mueller's term.
- Summer Meetings – Board meeting on July 10, 2019, will be at home of Maureen Pettis.
- 2019-2020 Budget – Board approved 5-0 to retain annual assessment per property at $40 for the next fiscal year.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.