Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
December 12, 2018
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jillian Mueller, Jim Bovino, and Carolyn LaRosa.
Meeting called to order: 7:30 p.m.
Approval of November 2018 Meeting Minutes: Approved 5-0.
Treasurer’s Report: November 2018 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $16,395.94; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,344.24 and $5,327.83; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,299.10; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,796.17 (Accounts Receivable - $7,516.49; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $50,163.28.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fourteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. Board will utilize legal services recommended by attorney to address longstanding unpaid assessments and liens.
- Tree Removal – All work is complete and board has paid all invoices to date.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road (next meeting December 17).
- Landscaping – Board paid invoice for The Outdoor Man who finished maintenance and beautification work on HOA easements at Commonwealth Boulevard and Sideburn Road.
- Member Correspondence – Board drafted a letter to the homeowner, who was piling brush in the front yard of a home on Tapestry Drive, to address the concerns from his neighbors.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.