Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
November 14, 2018
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, and Carolyn LaRosa.
Meeting called to order: 7:34 p.m.
Approval of October 2018 Meeting Minutes: Approved 4-0.
Treasurer’s Report: October 2018 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $19,966.11; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,344.24 and $5,327.83; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,299.10; Other Current Assets with balances of $6,040.09 (Accounts Receivable - $7,760.41; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($2,282.68); Assessments Receivable - $259.90; Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $53,977.37.
- Annual Assessments/Liens – Fifteen properties have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA. One assessment was paid and lien will be released. Board will utilize legal services recommended by attorney to address longstanding unpaid assessments and liens.
- Tree Removal – All work is complete and board has paid all invoices to date.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the potential development of a housing community in the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road (next meeting November 20).
- Landscaping – Board approved 5-0 quote from The Outdoor Man to do maintenance and beautification on the HOA easements at Commonwealth Boulevard and Sideburn Road.
- Homeowner's Concern – The Board received legal counsel on how to proceed regarding demonstrations/protests near property owned by Fairfax County Public Schools. Attorney recommended Board post “KPWCA Property--No Soliciting” signage on property. Board will defer taking action pending future demonstrations and will inform concerned homeowner about Board's decision.
- Member Correspondence – KPWCA homeowner has complained about a neighbor piling brush in the front yard of a home on Tapestry Drive. Board will draft a letter to the homeowner to address the concerns.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:25 p.m.