Kings Park West Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 13, 2018
Board Members in Attendance: Nancy Grant, Larry Velte, Maureen Pettis, Mark Heppner, Jim Bovino, and Carolyn LaRosa.
Meeting called to order: 7:35 p.m.
Approval of May 2018 Meeting Minutes: Approved 6-0.
Acceptance of Annual Meeting Minutes: Accepted 6-0.
Treasurer’s Report: May 2018 financials reflected the following: one CAB Operating Account with a balance of $12,928.92; two general fund CD's with balances of $5,344.24 and $5,327.83; one Reserve Study CD with a balance of $17,299.10; Other Current Assets with balances of $5,294.39 (Accounts Receivable - $6,058.81; Allowance for Bad Debts - ($1,066.88); Interest Receivable - $1.27; Prepaid Expenses - $301.19); bringing the total assets to a balance of $46,194.48.
- Annual Assessments – Ten properties still have liens due to unpaid annual assessments owed to KPWCA.
- Tree Removal – Board will request that JL Tree Service take down marked trees on Nottinghill Lane, Collingham Drive, and Commonwealth Boulevard. Marked tree on Tapestry Drive was taken down.
- KPW Public Notice Signboards – Board will provide letters to the KPW Civic Association so they may request from Fairfax County the permits needed to replace signboards.
- NVTC – The Association will continue to engage with Supervisor John Cook's office concerning the need for stormwater management improvements necessitated by upstream development of the Northern Virginia Training Center site and the area northeast of Braddock Road and Roberts Road. HOA members are encouraged to attend the next public meetings scheduled for June 25, 2018 (NVTC project) and July 2, 2018 (Braddock/Roberts project).
- Correspondence – Board will respond to inquiry from HOA member with a question about tree removals.
- Sideburn/Commonwealth Shrubbery – Board will send letter to homeowner at corner of Sideburn/Commonwealth to request overgrown shrubbery around signage be cut back.
- Election of Officers – Re-elected slate of officers Nancy (president), Larry (vice-president), Maureen (treasurer), and Mark (secretary).
- Adoption of Budget – Approved 6-0.
- Violations of Fairfax County Codes – Board will send letters to HOA members who are in violation of Fairfax County codes.
- Summer board meeting locations – Larry will host July 11, Maureen will host August 8.
- Lien Notification – In July board will send final notices to HOA members who have still not paid the 2017 annual assessment. Board will file liens on unpaid assessments no later than August 15, 2018.
- 2018 Assessment – Board will request Burke Community Management include with the 2018 assessment a news letter of information that the HOA member needs to know.
Hearing no further business, the meeting adjourned at 8:46 p.m.