1. LAND USE AND BUILDING TYPE. No lot shall be used except for residential purposes. No building shall be erected, altered, placed or permitted to remain on any lot other than one detached single-family dwelling not to exceed two and one-half stories in height and a private garage for not more than two cars.
2. FENCES. No fence of any kind shall be erected or maintained on any portion of the said premises along the front property line or from the front building line to the front lot line. No fence of any kind shall be erected or maintained in or along the rear of said premises or from the front building line to the rear lot line or from the side of any building to the said lot line except a hedge fence, picket fence, lattice fence or wire fence.
Note: This item was amended and filed on July 1, 1975 to read as follows:
2. FENCES. No stockade fence of any kind shall be erected or maintained on or along any property line. No fence of any kind shall be erected or maintained on any portion of the said premises along the front property line or from the front building line to the front lot line. No fence of any kind shall be erected or maintained in or along the rear of said premises or from the front building line to the rear lot line or from the side of any building to the said lot line except a hedge fence, picket fence, lattice fence or wire fence.
3. EASEMENTS. Easements for installation and maintenance of utilities and drainage facilities are reserved to the County of Fairfax, as shown on the recorded plat and over the rear five (5) feet of-each lot, and this instrument shall in no way affect, limit or restrict same.
4. NUISANCES. No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any lot, nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or may become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood. No commercial vehicle, whether owned by the lot owner or any other person, shall be permitted to remain on or be parked on any lot over night.
5. No trade or business of any kind shall be advertised from or transacted on the said premises, except that this covenant shall not prevent a lawyer, physician, dentist, pediatrist, chiropodist, or any other member of the medical, dental or legal profession from practicing such profession from said premises, provided that such person so practicing such profession from said premises also resides therein.
6. No signs of any kind or character shall be exhibited, displayed or placed upon any portion of the above described premises, except that the owner of any lot may place a sign not larger than ten inches by fifteen inches thereon, bearing the words "For Sale" or "To Rent" together with the name and address of the person to whom inquiries regarding the sale or rent of such property are to be addressed. The owner or occupant of such premises may also place one sign upon the premises upon which is inscribed the name and profession of the occupant of the premises, but no such sign shall be larger than six inches by twelve inches.
7. TEMPORARY STRUCTURES. No structure of a temporary character, trailer, basement, tent, shack, garage, barn or other outbuilding shall be used on any lot at any time as a residence either temporarily or permanently. The foregoing covenants and restrictions shall not apply to or prohibit the erection or maintenance of a sales office by the builder of the structure on the plots or parcels hereinabove described, and shall not apply to or affect any signs, used by the builder or by any firms, persons or corporations, holding a mortgage-or mortgages, or by any persons, firms, corporations and agents who I may, will and do insure and guarantee said mortgage or mortgages, as to the plots or parcels hereinabove described.
8. LIVESTOCK AND POULTRY. No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any lot, except that dogs, cats or other household pets may be kept provided that they are not kept, bred or maintained for any commercial purpose.
9. GARBAGE AND REFUSE DISPOSAL. No lot shall be used or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish. Trash, garbage or other waste shall not be kept except in sanitary containers, all incinerators or other equipment for the storage or disposal of such material shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition.