KINGS PARK WEST COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION

BOARD OF DIRECTORSí MINUTES

Monthly Meeting August 2004

August 4, 2004

 

Attending: Larry Velte, Tom Coldwell, Armand Fournier, Joe Meyer, and Dan Barney

Not Present: John Ostrom and Bernie Shinal

The August 2004 monthly meeting of the Board of Kings Park West Community Association was held on Wednesday, August 4, 2004 at 7:30 p.m. at Robinson High School.

A quorum was present and Larry Velte called the meeting to order.

NEW BUSINESS

It was unanimously agreed to dispense with the reading of the July 7, 2004 Meeting Minutes.

The Board received a request from Susan and Lawrence Glicoes of 10110 Dundalk St. seeking approval to construct an addition to their home consisting of a two-car garage. Armand Fournier moved to table discussion, Tom Coldwell seconded the motion and the Board voted to table discussion.

The Board discussed the management and maintenance of the KPWCA website. The Board desires to maintain a user-friendly website that provides timely notice and serves as a source of information to the Members. The Board will have further discussions at the next monthly meeting to generate a plan for improvements to the website.

Tom Coldwell provided an update on the space allocation for future Board meetings. For the remainder of 2004 the Board will meet the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 P.M. in the Gold Cafeteria at Robinson High School.

Tom Coldwell provided and update regarding the fenced-in area adjacent to the stream on Commonwealth Blvd. Tom reported that the structure is not owned or maintained by the County, and he will contact the State regarding ownership.

Armand Fournier noted that the deed to the KPWCA common land is listed in care of Hank Harrison, the previous KPWCA President. Armand Fournier will contact the County to change name and address for the contact information to Bob Segan (KPWCA registered agent).

The Board discussed the maintenance of the Membership list to keep track of Owners selling and buying in KPWCA. Tom Coldwell will contact RCS Management to discuss returned mail and identification of current/lost Owners and address corrections.

The Board held a closed-door session (to protect the privacy of a Homeowner) to discuss his/her threatened legal action against RCS Management regarding payment of the annual assessment.

Larry Velte provided an update on the HOA disclocure packets and he will contact RCS Management to ensure they have all necessary information. The Board will also contact the Real Estate Board to make sure the correct address appears on the HOA packet contact information.

The Board decided to delay contacting volunteers for the various committees until after the assessments have been processed to ensure all volunteers are Members in good standing. The Board will discuss the status of the committees at the next monthly meeting.

D&V Services completed the tree cutting and maintenance service on the common land. However, Bernie Shinal will have to verify the scope of work is complete before D&V Services is paid.

Tom Coldwell made a motion to adjourn the meeting. The motion was seconded by Armand Fournier and approved.

The meeting adjourned at 8:30 P.M.

The next KPWCA meeting is on September 1 at 7:30 P.M. in the Gold Cafeteria at Robinson High School.

Armand Fournier

Secretary